So you want to play Jungle Amumu? Well you’ve come to the right place! Because this guide will teach you to jungle with Amumu and more!
Why play Jungle Amumu?
Well jungling is really the only way to play Amumu. He gets picked on in lane like boogers in a nose. You definately don’t want to play him in lane. But why Amumu? Well, he’s one of the most Overpowered tanks in the game. He jungles with ease. Also, Amumu’s ultimate, Curse of the Sad Mummy, is super strong. If you land his ultimate on two or more of the opposing team, you will almost definately win that team fight.
Nothing tricky here. 21 points in Defense tree to make jungling early easy for Amumu and later to help him tank. 9 in Utility because he has to have 4 points in Awareness to be able to jungle.
9 Greater Marks of Insight(Magic Penetration)
9 Greater Seals of Resilience(Flat Armor)
9 Greater Glyphs of Power(Flat Ability Power Runes)
3 Greater Quintessences of Potency(Flat Ability Power)
Bandage Toss Take at level 4 to be able to gank. Max it last, because we don’t rely on it’s damage.
Despair Taken at level 1 because it is required to kill Blue. Maxed after Tantrum for its strong Area of Effect Damage.
Tantrum Max this first after taking Despair at level 1. Makes jungling easy for Amumu by reducing the damage he takes and of course doing a lot of AOE Damage.
1. For jungle Amumu you should start the game at blue buff. Have your team protect you at least until their creeps start reaching the middle of their lane. Blue will spawn at just about 1:55. Have middle leash blue for you. This will help you a lot in that you will take a lot less damage which is always a good thing. By leashing I mean just have them attack it and go to their lane. The monsters will chase them and allow you to do damage without getting hit back for a little.
To kill blue activate Despair and auto-attack. When you first start taking damage drink 1 health potion. When Blue is down to 420 Hit Points smite it. Now finish the two smaller mobs.
2. Next move to Wolves. Activate despair, auto-attack the large wolf and spam Tantrum until they die.
3. Now to wraiths– Same thing activate Despair, auto-attack the Blue Wraith and mash on Tantrum.
4. Now go to the 2 Golems focus on one with Despair on and hit your Tantrum.
5. Next go get Red Buff. Same here, activate despair, focus on Lizard Elder, and use your Tantrum. When he’s a little bit below 500 Hit Points, Smite him! Finish the camp and either go gank a lane or go shop.
How to use Amumu’s skills
Being able to land Bandage Toss will make or break your jungle Amumu. You must be able to hit it to gank the lanes. How do you hit it? Well, sometimes it’ll be as simple as just aiming right at your target. Most of the time, however, you will need to lead slightly. You don’t have to lead much, the bandage’s travel time is pretty quick. Just be sure to lead though, your bandage toss accuracy will be much higher if you do.
As for Despair, you pretty much just turn it on when you’re fighting. Nothing particular to note about Despair. Though, when you chase with Amumu sometimes its better to let your Despair do damage to the chased rather than trying to melee them as well.
How to Gank
First let me cover when to gank. You should really only gank when it is opportune. The best times to gank are when The opposing team has pushed one of your teams lane too far in. If they have done that its often because your team is losing that lane and you should go help even things up. Its rarely a good idea to try to gank when your team pushes to their tower, especially early on.
When you gank, try to come in as far behind the gank targets as you can. Try to hit them with your Bandage Toss(remember to lead!). After that use your ultimate if it seems necessary to keep them from getting away. Be sure to have your Despair on and mash Tantrum while fighting.
Team fights are Amumu’s specialty. He’s one of the best team fight initiators in the game. He also does a ton of Area of Effect damage.
To initiate you will want to land a Bandage Toss on one of your enemies. Your team should be careful not to let the other team initiate on you. You want to fight on your terms. If you land a Bandage Toss you will want to land your ultimate next. Try to hit two or more enemies. If you’re not in range after Bandage Toss try to move into range to get the most enemies you can. If you can get a couple, that will usually do the trick. Once, you’ve done that mash on your Tantrum and be sure to have your Despair active.
That’s all folks!